It's been a long time since I've done a link-up, so today I'm joining up with a blogger I've followed for a couple years now, Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama.
She has a great little assortment of questions for us to answer, to give everyone a little peek into who we are. I love stuff like this. What is the point in reading blogs if you don't really get to know your peers?
I hope to answer all 17, but with my blogging track record lately (though I've been better recently!), who the heck knows ;).
Off I go... interested? Head over to Becky's blog to link up!
The Q's....1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
3. Where have you traveled?
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? How has your blog changed?I began blogging, believe it or not, in the 8th grade on our family computer in the living room. My best friend from junior high showed me LiveJournal.com, and because I thought it was oh-so cool to have a password-protected journal, I jumped aboard and made an account. My blogging started out with silly things like my daily doings, who I was currently in cahoots with (oh Jr. high), and as I got older, it moved onto different, more interesting topics like college, where I wanted to go in life, first jobs, dream jobs, etc. After a while I relocated to Blogger with my original blog Life is Beautiful. The blog with which I actually discovered the blog of our humble host Becky. Back then I was mostly posting about family and what I was doing. My second blog, A Careless Man's Careful Daughter centered mostly around how I had changed after becoming more open about my dad's drinking problem. Nowadays, while I am thankful for the events in my life that helped shape who I am, I am also eager to leave those books on the shelf, and start fresh with a new blog. Aka, Once is Enough. I am definitely a lot more content with my life and the people in it. My parents are finally moving in a forward direction, as is the rest of my life, and I'm more or less pleased with the pace of it all. (Sheesh! Long one! I promise they won't all be like this!)
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?I dabbled at community college right after high school, then went and did a medical assisting program. After that (and currently) I enrolled in another community college nearby that just opened up a new nursing program. I'm working on my prereq's now. Can't wait to get to the fun stuff!
3. Where have you traveled?Unfortunately I've never left the east coast of the United States. I wasn't big on traveling in the last few years, and when I was little, we mostly just went where family lived (Virginia, Georgia) and where Disney was (Florida). Now that I'm older though, I'm getting more into experiencing new things. So hopefully my list of places will continue to grow!
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?After doling out loads of cash to my people (oddly I just did a post on this last week), I would be off to the Lexus dealership to purchase my 2012 Lexus RX 350. Color unknown. I mean, I know what it looks like, but I don't know which one it is. I laid eyes on it at an auto show last fall, and haven't seen it since. But I will find it. Hehe.
5. What are your three biggest pet peeves?Ha, I have a post scheduled about this as well. :D
But here's a preview-
a. arrogant cyclists.
b. people who carelessly smoke in public.
6. What is your favorite movie?Eek. Hard one. If I had to pick one, I would probably go with Titanic. What can I say? It's a hard one to top. Some close seconds are The Blind Side and Inception. I know there is one that I'm leaving out, but I can't remember what it is... I'll get back to you.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?To be honest, water. It's so good. Refreshing, quenches my thirst without making me think it does and then leaving me thirsty later (ahem, coffee...) .. it's just the ultimate beverage. But of the alcohol variety, Bud Light Lime is like heaven in a bottle. It's a perfect summer drink. Soda I'm not big on anymore. But coffee... total addict. I actually have to ween myself off it every so often and go through the withdrawal headaches.. it's a sad thing, friends... :p
8. What is something you enjoy doing when you have me time?Blogging, putzing around the internet... I love going for random drives. But I'm also a huge TV buff. You can often find me catching up on my DVR when I have free time.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?Ooh, that's a tough one. It would be between Kohl's, Old Navy, Gap, Nordstrom ($10k wouldn't go far :p), and Macy's.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past. Or present.Hmm..... The other day, I lied about my age to vote for the Teen Choice Awards...? Does that count? :p
11. What day would you love to relive again?The beach trip Anthony and I took the weekend before he was supposed to leave for RISD. It was awesome. Perfect beach day followed by my favorite casino trip yet. :)
12. If your life was a movie... what actor would play you?Hmm... I'm not sure. Maybe Anne Hathaway or Rachel McAdams? Why? Because both of them can play anyone. Love them. Such talent.
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?In high school I worked as a bus girl, then waitress at a fancy-shmancy restaurant in a local hotel. Then after a year there I quit, and joined up with the CB. I've been unfortunately fortunate to be working there up until the present. It's a love-hate thing. :p
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.Sure thing. High school graduation. Can you say "woof"? Talk about split ends and lacking in the "makeup know how" department!
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?Truth be told, I'd go to California. I know, not very adventurous of me, but hey, it's all the way across the country. Not exactly a hop, skip, and a jump, right? There is just something so appealing about the west coast. California seems so chill and comfortable, and cool place to go and relax for a week or two. I've wanted to go to Santa Monica since I was a high school sophomore, and for some reason, that dull dream is still glowing brightly in my head. :p
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.Unfortunately my family isn't really one for "family photos" much to my great, great dismay. But here is the most recent picture of me, and then me and Anthony. :)
17. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?Hopefully working as an RN somewhere. Ideally still in Connecticut, but who knows what the future holds :)
Can't wait to see everyone else's answers!