Friday, November 23, 2012

holiday recap

Hey everyone! Just popping in to say hi and I hope you all had fantastic Thanksgivings with whomever you chose to spend it!

Anthony and I had started out at my mom's with her boyfriend and his family, and my brother for round one of Thanksgiving dinner/dessert. It was delish, and I may be biased, but I think it may have been a tiny bit yummier than round two ;). Even Anthony said the sweet potatoes were the best he had ever had. With no prompting too, so I believe him, hehe.

For dessert my mom made a slew of pies, my favorite being the banana cream. She even made an extra one for us to take home....... score!

After a little over three hours there, we headed out to Anthony's grandma's house for round two of Thanksgiving dinner. More turkey, cranberry sauce, vegetables... the works, and then another dessert.

Man oh man were stomachs bursting by the end of it all.

I love Thanksgiving.

First, you get to knock yourself up a pant size, and no one will judge you for it.

Second, it's a precursor to Christmas, and pretty much the opening day of the Christmas season, which I love even more.

Finally we are back to the days of Christmas music, Christmas movies, decorations, drinks, food... the days that I long for from the second January 2nd rolls around as the holiday festivities draw to a close, and the drearier side of winter rears its ugly head.

I so so so love the days between Thanksgiving and New Years, and I can't wait for the season to begin!

... After my double shift tomorrow, that is.

Nothing says the day of thankfulness is over like a swift kick to the gut that is spending the next 10 hours in hell. ;)

Hehe. Just kidding. Sort of.

Anyway, it was a fantastic Thanksgiving, and by far my favorite to date. I can't wait until the next one. :)



6 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you through the blog hop - your blog is great! It sounds like you had a very filling Thanksgiving. :) Agreed on the season starting, I'm ready for all things Christmas! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of you two! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute picture!! I love this time of year as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving! I'm loving that it's Christmas time again and most radio stations are on 24/7 Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete