Thursday, November 8, 2012

on the list.


I've been told I'm a bit of a drama queen. Back seven long days ago, I applied at the local Starbucks as my one way ticket out of my crappy job situation.

To hear me talk, I had applied over and over six months ago and they didn't want anything to do with me no matter what I tried.
 
False. Let's be real here, folks. It has been seven days since I applied, and the only extracurricular work I have done was go in and ask if they were hiring, leave my number, and drink a crapload of lattes in between.

Well, on one (ahem, or more) of those seven days, I was whining to my mom about my current job and my borderline insane desire to give a quick wave and GTFO. I mentioned the Starbucks thing and how I haven't heard anything. She said the same thing everyone else did, to be patient. I said something about the manager having my application and number, and yet nothing. At the mention of the word manager, she goes, "Oh, is that [name]??" 

I told her I didn't know, and that the only info I knew was that she was pretty and drives a BMW. Or at least I assumed that was the manager. If it was a barista driving that sex on wheels, then I want a job there even more.

I described the owner of that fantastic car, and she excitedly responded, "yeah! That's her! We were in the same spin class last year."

Ooh.

So my dearest loving mommy went into Starbucks this morning as she does probably only slightly less frequently than I, and asked if her spin friend did the hiring. And if they were still hiring. And mentioned my application.

Yes, yes, and yes. Apparently BMW driving spin friend had not only seen the app, but had my name on a list of people to call. 

Ahh! It was as though the heavens opened up and angels fluttered down to pull me out of the workplace hell in which I have been trapped for the last three and a half years. Thank you sweet baby Jesus for bestowing your help upon me!

Alright, so I didn't exactly hear harps, but you know what I mean.

I know Alissa has been doing so already, but I'm hoping you lovely readers of mine, fellow sufferers of my work drama could cross a few for me as well!

6 comments:

  1. well shit.

    this is fantastic news.

    potentially.

    but for now we're going with.. yes. great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Starbucks! Love this post! Lovin' your blog girly!! Congrats!

    I've worked at Sbux before and ABSOfreakingLUTELY loved it!


    Crossed here too :)

    Newest Follower,
    Coral

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. How exciting for you!

    My experience has been that it takes FOREVER for an employer to call you for an interview. No matter what the job is. It's so annoying - don't they know how crazy we are going??

    But seriously, congrats! It's always good to have an "in" too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES YES YES! So excited for you!! I've got my fingers crossed too. You're getting out of that hell hole!

    ReplyDelete