Tuesday, December 11, 2012

the green apron



It's official! I am a barista in the making!

Do you love the way I nonchalantly shoved my perfect Christmas tree into the picture? Or, shoved the picture into the tree, may be more accurate. And yes, my tree is perfect this year. Not in a braggy way. Because I didn't pick it out. Or grow it. But regardless, it is perfection. I could sit and stare at it. Anthony better watch out. I might leave him for this tree.

Pictures don't do it justice.  Clearly, I kind of dig this tree.

But anyway, yeah, yesterday was my very first day checking out life from behind the Starbucks counter.

It was definitely a lot of information to take in, and I know there will be a lot more, but while I'm still a little apprehensive, I can't help but also be a little bit excited to escape the CB. Everything about Starbucks is better. The atmosphere, the organization, the cleanliness, the professionalism... it's awesome. I thought I knew about coffee.... I know nothing about coffee. That shit is a science! And Starbucks? It's not a store. It's a culture. And I'm rambling. I know. I'm sure once the honeymoon phase is over, I'll fall back into "ugh, I have to work." but, hey, I'll take this early bliss for as long as I can get it!

Today is day two... hopefully it will go well! Ahh! This new job thing. If I had known the first day would have been this easy breezy, I would have peaced out on the CB long ago!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on day two! Starbucks is really a culture. I imagine you'll be learning a TON! Those Batistas can make it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it! Glad to hear its going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sam, CONGRATULATIONS! You did it!!

    Was it awkward? Was it hard to say "no more"?

    I hope Starbucks stays awesome for you - and you might have to share your forbidden tree-love with me. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats!! You're making me want to apply there.

    I love your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, again! I'm so happy for you!! And I can't wait to hear more about your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! yay! yay!

    I'm so glad you got the job. What a fan-effin-tastic Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete