Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Why I am an awesome student.

I know what you're all thinking:

But you always have so much time to donate to TV and Starbucks, proof of your amazing academic career is not needed, friend.



Here is how I view and do homework.


3D Design
Assignment: Work on shoe wire form. Have the sole and part of the side built up.

What I did: Built up sole about an hour before bed the night before. Didn't quite finish.

Photography
Assignment: Read chapters one-five for Monday

What I did: Skimmed chapter five in the parking lot before I went into class Monday night, and then spent the rest of class doodling.

English
Assignment: Short story project, picking four authors, reading three stories each, writing two papers on two authors, writing a paragraph on the two I didn't pick

What I did: chose my authors a week in advance, wrote part of one paper on the Saturday before it was due.. blew it off for the rest of the night to go to Anthony's to do the Harlem Shake. Then Sunday I worked until 8:30p, went to a local restaurant for a goodbye party for one of the baristas, and then had to blow it off to rush home and finish the one point five papers, build up the sole of my shoe, and catch enough zzz's to be able to function the next day.

Photography
Assignment: Bring in a full roll of film to develop.

What I did: Waited four weeks into the semester to finally load the camera, and took 24 random pictures today before I have to head to class tonight.

Seriously here, people.

Every night is the night I'm going to find more motivation.

Every new week is the week I'm going to get organized.

And yet, it never actually happens. Work, hanging out with Anthony, cleaning my house... it gets in the way left and right.

I know I should be doing work, and sometimes I even want to be. But most of the time, it's just really hard to stop the fun stuff to make time for the homework.

It's not like I am all play and no work. I work 30 hours a week, and could clock a few more if the scheduling allowed it. So it's not like I don't have a work ethic. It's just the school work.

Are you there, motivation? It's me, procrastination.

Does anyone else have this issue with school? What do you do to motivate yourself to do school work? To study? To build a shoe out of wire? :p

Coming up:

I am itching to do a vlog! Any ideas on what to vlog about? Does anyone have any questions I can answer for you? Prompts people, I need prompts! :p

3 comments:

  1. And I thought it was just me. I don't know how to get caught up. If you find the answer let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weird part is, once you don't have school anymore you wander around vaguely, feeling displaced, sort of cut loose and adrift - but you don't know from what. It's the ambient feeling that you really need to study, but there's no textbooks in the house anymore. This today's-the-day-I-really-study thing'll getcha for years afterward. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motivation is hard to come by when it comes to school work! I had that problem, especially with the classes that weren't writing related. But then it's hard to get used to not having homework after you graduate. I always felt like I was forgetting to do something.

    ReplyDelete