Thursday, September 27, 2012

new possible photography challenge.. looking for co-host

source
Heya peeps.
 _______________________________________________________________________

Announcements:

1. Please pity me.
Happy Thursday. Normally this would be a good thing. Because it's almost Friday. Which is almost the weekend. And I'm sure most of you are loving this. But I don't care, because I have to work all weekend. It's the weekend that Anthony's family happens to be moving to their new house. Which I was hoping to help them do. But unfortunately, my hell on earth job has me chained to the demands of restaurant customers starting tomorrow, and ending Sunday. Ew. Here are some words I never thought I'd say... I hope the weekend never comes. Feel free to unfollow my crazy self now. (But really, please don't.)

2. Have some free money.
Have you all made sure to pop on over to my previous post in which I rant about the Stop & Shop self checkout etiquette or lack thereof and enter my $10 Starbucks card giveaway? No? Go. Now. I'm not always this generous about letting coveted Starbucks dollars leave my caffeinated death grip.

_______________________________________________________________________

In other news, as the subject of this post may have indicated, I have a small photography-related idea that I plan to turn into a sweeping success of a link up with hordes of participants camping out waiting for the weekly theme like it's the newest Apple product.

Yeah, so I have an idea.

Don't worry. I'm not actually under the impression that it will be anything greater than "maybe this can work", apparently unlike the Sam in my head -- who also thinks she's the next Kelly Clarkson.

In the hopes to force myself to make more time for photography (and blogging!), I was driving today, as usual, thinking about my blog rather than paying attention to fellow drivers, and a thought bubble popped into my head.

"I really shouldn't text so much while I'm driving." Wait, not that one. Well, that, and "I want to start a weekly photography-related feature on my blog."

BREAKING NEWS: Sam has another weekly feature idea that will likely never come to fruition.

Okay, enough with the theatrics, and lets cut to the chase, shall we?

Basically, what I plan on doing is taking each month, giving it an overall theme (ie. October: Autumn/Halloween, December: Early Winter/Christmas/Holidays, February: Red/Valentine's Day, etc), and then each week having mini topics within the theme.

For example, if October were to be Autumn/Halloween, I would say...
Week One: All things pumpkin... whether it be the actual fruit (it's true, I just googled it.) or the spiced latte, a pumpkin decoration... be creative!
Week Two: What does Fall look like where you live? (Whether this be what you wear, what you see outside, what you do inside... anything -- completely up to your own interpretation.)
Week Three: Cemeteries -- sounds morbid, but they are gorgeous, easily add so much character to a photo, and we are getting closer to Halloween.
Week Four: What does/did your Halloween look like? Costumes, Decorations, maybe you didn't do anything for Halloween - show us a picture of that.

You know, that kind of thing.

Any takers?

Don't all raise your hands at once.

Hehe, just kidding. No pressure whatsoever though. I plan on doing this weekly on my blog for at least the upcoming months anyway, so it's going down regardless. But if others are interested, I'd definitely look into making it a linkup.

And with linkups, come co-hosts! I will probably need one. Not sure yet, but if enough people do show interest, I'll be looking for someone to be my main bitch cohort in this great venture. Any takers?

Details are still up in the air. Just let me know! :) But the first round of this (whether it be just me or others) will be next Wednesday, October 3rd. Following the schedule above with: All Things Pumpkin!

And happy Thursday to all you jerks who have the weekend off. :p

Just kidding, I love you anyway. :)

6 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I was better with commitment, because I would so help you and co-host. No matter what, I will pimp this link up out!

    Maybe once things slow down at work I will be able to help out more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. count me in! I've been wanting to take more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I'll try and join in next week.

    I'll be joining the horrible weekend with you as I will be studying for 2 nursing tests next week - sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!! I'll totally link up. I may not have the best photography skills, but oh well, this would make me work on them :) I'm game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea! I would love to participate, even though my photography skills are sorely lacking. It would be fun to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're still looking for people, I'd love to do the cemeteries week! I just found your blog and I adore it! Look forward to reading more!

    Your Newest Follower,
    -Hannah

    http://thirstyworlddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete