Monday, March 4, 2013

popping in

Hey guys! I just wanted to stop in and apologize for my absence this weekend. I had to finish a wire shoe project between working the bulk of both Saturday and Sunday.

It took until 3:30 this morning, but I finally got it finished. There's nothing like going outside into the frigid March air at 3am and spray painting a giant shoe made of wire to make you feel like you are making a difference in the world. Ha. It will truly be the day when I am (hopefully) working in the graphic design field and I think back with a look of longing in my eye and think, "wow, that wire shoe really solidified my understanding of this field of graphic art."

So yeah, I had to build a shoe, and I was pretty P.O.'d about the whole thing. ;)

looks about right to me.

But I can't really complain too much. Poor Anthony was stuck in the grad studio all weekend working on some site model for his class. It was a group thing, but as usual, he clocked the most hours. I thought my three hours of sleep were bad... He went to the studio yesterday morning, stayed all day, went home at 7:30, ate dinner, returned to the studio at ten, and then didn't go home until 6:30 this morning. And even then, it was only to sleep for an hour and go back to school where he managed to complete the whole day, and stay two hours extra. And as I type this, he is home slaving over quizzes that need to be graded for a professor he is a TA for.

I honestly don't know how he does it. I hope he can finish soon and get some sleep before he has to get up and bring the quizzes back to school for 8am.

I loathe his teachers.

Blah. In other less exhausting news, I finally hit the big 100 followers! This is the third blog I have hit the milestone with, and with the others, I would always conveniently start a new blog shortly after, and have to start from scratch. Ew. Not this time! I'm in the midst of planning a nice little giveaway for all you fine followers. But for now, a huge, big, heartfelt, mushy gushy thank you from me for sticking with my sporadic posting, inconsistent content, rants, vents, random BS, and all those posts in between. 100 might not be a lot to some, but it certainly warms my little heart knowing that there are actually people who read what I write! :)

Love you guys!

4 comments:

  1. Happy to be part of your 100. :)

    For your 300 milemarker, you should do a photo-post dressed as a Spartan. And yes, this IS madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee, congrats on 100 girl! Stick around for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think I've been on your 100 followers list for the last, hmmmm? .... 3 blogs? or more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching 100 followers!!!

    By the way, I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I absolutely love the layout of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete