Thursday, April 18, 2013

the world is on fire

Or at least it seems that way lately. Explosions in Boston. Explosions in Texas. Granted, the last one seems accidental. But either way, prayers all around.  I would do a whole post on how I feel about the events of this past week (specifically Monday), but I am sure as far as that goes, you guys are probably about tired of hearing the same patriotic rant that, though necessary and temporarily comforting, seems to be like the same song on repeat.  So I won't make you read yet another.  Just know that I feel the same way, and cried right along with you.  I will instead sum it up with a quote that I saw quite a few times over the last couple of days that I think epitomizes the true human spirit, the one thing that I want to remember about Monday. The people who ran into the chaos. We saw you. And we will never forget you or the feeling of comfort and pride your actions instilled in our hearts.  You showed us all was not lost, and that the world is made up of hundreds of good for every bad, and that struck a powerful chord amid the chaos and sadness we witnessed on the TVs, or on the internet, or unfortunately for many, in person. Keep chuggin' on, patriots. We got this. They don't decide when our marathon ends. 

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will'" --- Patton Oswald

 You said it, friend. 

5 comments:

  1. I heard this quote the other day, and found it on pinterest:: http://pinterest.com/pin/210613720046397110/ -I love it! just look for the helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have ever thought such intelligent and insightful words would come from Patton Oswald?!

    At least it looks like they know who the bombers were, which is impressive in only a few days. Hopefully there will be justice for Boston.

    FYI: I'm visiting from the weekend social blog hop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really does feel like the world is on fire as of late. so sad. but the good does outnumber the evil, and that quote is pretty much right on. thanks for sharing. new follower via the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that quote! i love how it focuses on the positive!

    ReplyDelete