Monday, July 29, 2013

so long, farewell

Hey everyone,  I'm stopping in for what is most likely my last post at this blog.

After years -- and I mean years -- of mulling it over, I have finally made the decision and the move to WordPress.

It's no secret that my blogging has taken the way back seat.  Like, back of the bus back seat lately.  And it wasn't that I didn't want to blog.  I wanted to, very badly in fact.  It was like an itch I couldn't scratch. But no matter how much I wanted to, every time I would sit down at my computer, I would be overwhelmed with boredom, and severe writer's block.  If I could think of a topic, it wouldn't go anywhere, or by the time I got halfway through the post, I got fed up and left.

I like Blogger and all, but it has come time where I want more.  More for my blog, and more from my blog host, and after perusing WordPress, the answer became clear.

It was fresh, and new, and I was excited to write my first post.  It felt good in the same way that opening up a brand new notebook feels.  A blank canvas.  And I think it's finally time for me to move on.

I'm looking to take my photography more seriously, and to the next level.  I'm looking to get more serious about my writing, and take my blogging to the next level.  Will that happen right away?  Most likely not.  But I'll take my baby steps.  And unfortunately those baby steps led me away from Blogger.

I have loved blogging here for four long years.  I have had three blogger blogs that I've brought to triple digit followers, and so I'm hoping to start fresh elsewhere, with new motivation, and new goals.

I will miss everyone, but I'm keeping my Twitter and will probably just rename my Facebook.  For those of you interested in keeping up with my blog, please feel free to e-mail me, and I will be happy to send you the new link!

My new e-mail is sam.mel725@gmail.com

I love you all and thank you for your support and comments and follows, etc throughout the years!

xoxo,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment