Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Help! I need opinions STAT!

Hey gals, here's the dealio.

This is going to sound ridiculous, and not something to put quite so much thought into, but I have reached an annoying, difficult crossroad in the effort to...

choose the right cellphone.

like I said... ridiculous.

Because it's just a phone.

However, at the same time, it's $200 that I'm about to throw down, and I want to be one hundo percent satisfied with my choice... know what I'm sayin'?

This is by far the toughest upgrade I've ever had.

Here's the sitch...

For my last upgrade, I wanted an iPhone.

When it was time for my upgrade, iPhone was still taking its diva, sweet-ass time getting to Verizon. So I "settled" for the HTC Droid Incredible, planning to iPhone-ify it ASAP.

Shortly after "settling", I realized that settling was an understatement.

For reals. I could have married this Droid Incredible.

I loved the operating system, the easily customizable text threads, keyboards, app drawer, etc.

So, to tear me away from that operating system was going to take the jaws of life.

Welp, 18 months later, I'm eligible, and ready for something new.

But the question is... is this new going to be the iPhone 4S or the HTC Rhyme?

There are a lot of pros and cons for each, I think. The biggest pros being..

Rhyme - Customization... major plus.
iPhone - It's not purple, the cases are nicer

So unfortunately, the differences are quite cosmetic. Argh.

Which would you choose?

iPhone users..
Before you got the iPhone, were you big on customizing? Do you find not being able to customize to be limiting? If you could change one thing about the iPhone, what would it be?

Ahh! So very hard to choose.
This popped up on my feed yesterday... I don't even follow those mofo's. (Or, well, I didn't until then when I found out they had a Twitter)

And the countdown begins...

one month until my upgrade!

3 comments:

  1. I will tell you the one thing that has kept me from the iphone is the fact that they shatter when you drop them. I have the motorola droid bionic and so far it is indestructable. You should research battery life. 4g eats up the battery like no other. I would go with whichever gives you the most battery life. I hear the new razor is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've dropped my iPhone at least five times, two or three of which was on concrete without a case, and it's just fine. Not even a scratch. So I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the above commenter. Plus, the 4S does not have 4G. As far as battery life, I charge it every night but I use it heavily all day (constantly on the browser or an app or texting), and sometimes I get away with every other night.
    I wasn't big on customizing other than changing my background and rearranging my apps. But, once I'd arranged them, they stayed in place. So, I don't find not being able to customize limiting because you can arrange the apps pretty much any way you can think of - my mom has no apps on her front screen so that she can see her whole background picture. You can also make folders now, and you can still change the background. Plus, the lock screen background and the home screen background can be different. That's pretty much all I need. Oh, and you can customize the crap out of your notifications.
    If I could change one thing about the iPhone, it'd be that there's no alert light that flashes when you get something. You have to hit the "unlock" button to see if you have any alerts or happen to be looking at the screen when you get something. Your phone makes a sound, obviously, but when it's on silent there's no LED light that flashes on the phone to let you know you got something. The screen just lights up momentarily. But that's my only complaint so far. Seriously. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know. I have a droid, and I love it and all, but I'm totally getting an iPhone when I come due for an upgrade. Everything about it just seems a bit better, and I'm all for that! :)

    ReplyDelete