Wednesday, May 9, 2012

an expensive week

I always laugh (more in an "I'm insane" way than a "ha, that's funny" way) when I work countless hours at CB, deposit paycheck after paycheck, envelope of tip money after envelop of tip money, watch my bank balance grow and flourish like a little sapling...

... and then in one week--nay-- 5 days, I watch nine hundred sixty seven dollars disappear from my account at the swipe or two of a card and the quick dotting of the i's and crossing of the t's on a check.

Let's think back all those days (can I even phrase it like that? It hasn't even been a full week)-- all those hours ago and revisit just what robbed me of almost one thousand dollars in a fraction of the time it takes for me to earn that much.

Saturday
- Hair appointment number one. Cut/blow dry - $55 including tip
- Gasing up the ve-hicle - $40 makes you cringe doesn't it? My tank isn't even that big.

Sunday
Luckily I was stuck at work earning money rather than spending it.

Monday
Is it sad that I can't even remember what I did just two days ago? Might be an indication of my stress level lately. ;)

Tuesday
- Hair appointment number two. Coloring. $80 the thought of doing this every 6-7 weeks makes me want to die.
- Walmart for various necessities - $50 and a new watch that took forever to fit

Wednesday
- Had a meeting at my future school. Finished up registering for classes... hold onto your seats people - $692. EW.
- Went to Kohl's after all that and spent $50... but let's subtract $10 for the Kohl's cash I earned (oh thank God for the $10, would have broken the bank otherwise!)


Put it all together and what does it spell??

O O P S Y.

2 comments:

  1. OOPSY is right lady...but hey, you won't spend it all again next week...I hope! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least a large chunk of that was for classes! :)

    I hear you on the $80 every 6 - 7 weeks for hair. I used to go dark all the time and since my natural color is on the darker side I'd let two months or so pass (usually longer, to be honest) and it wasn't always that noticeable. This year I went red. So yeah, I'm in there every 6 - 7 weeks now, spending the $80. I've started trimming my own hair since a hair cut isn't included. But I have to tell you, my new hairstylist has earned my loyalty because when I sat down in that chair and said, "I'd like to go lighter and as red as possible" she is the ONLY stylist (in probably about two years of trying) who said, "Let's try a test strip!" and when she saw that the black would come out, spent five hours with me in the salon to bleach and then color my hair. (I have long hair.) We were there until 11:30pm, but it was awesome! So yeah, she has my loyalty. (Also, I just love the salon. The stylists know most of the clients, even ones who aren't their clients, and a lot of the clients also know each other. And, they give us wine.)

    Sorry for that long ramble!

    ReplyDelete