Friday, June 1, 2012

I feel good! Da na na na na na na.. I knew that I would...

Ok, well, no I didn't know that I would (da na na na na na na)... but I do. ;)

As some of you may know, I took a bit of a gap year after farting around in college for two years avoiding my desire to join the medical field (wimp), and then going through a medical assisting program last year to prove to myself that I could handle it.

I decided afterward that while I was relieved to be able to handle the medical field, Medical Assisting wasn't going to do much for me personally in the meantime. I wanted to focus more on saving money, and then dive into the field of nursing. Or at least jump onto the path to the field of nursing. Hence, the last 12 months of CB-ing it without the stress of school.

Was it nice not having to get up at the butt crack of dawn like everyone else, traipse to school, hate the crappy weather because of it, be stuck up all night with homework, exams to study for, projects, etc? Of course it was.

But I won't lie... I would take any of that over feeling like I was at a complete and utter standstill in my life.

Not a great feeling for someone who is very "get it done ASAP" and "be more productive than not" like myself.

Not to mention, a lot of people I graduated high school with are graduating college this year. To look around and see all these graduations, knowing that I could have (and should have) graduated among them, and yet here I am sitting around with 4 years of school ahead of me (thanks useless prerequisites!) was not a good feeling. In fact, it had me at a very low point starting in April, and that funk didn't end until about a week and a half ago.

But anyway, after finally sitting down and mapping out my future with oodles of credits from my MA program that don't transfer (fabulous.), I finally seemed to narrow down the core classes that I needed to get started.

I'm doing one prerequisite this summer (a math course), and then starting the BIO classes come September.

I have to say, I was pretty darn a tiny bit nervous about going back to school after being out of it for a year, but, when I walked into that classroom, honestly, it was like I had never left. And I have to say, it feels so good to be back in school!


I feel productive again,
I no longer feel like I'm wasting my time.
I feel motivated to work harder,
I no longer feel like I'm stuck at the CB. (Ok, I won't go that far.)

But in all seriousness, it feels fantastic to be back in school. Even for just two classes a week for the next 7 weeks. I'm just so thrilled to be done with the talking, and finally getting down to business and taking action.

No comments:

Post a Comment