Thursday, July 26, 2012

Six days down, one to go!

Goooodmorning everyone! I hope this week has been a great one for you! Today is my last full day in Florida with Anthony and his family. We leave for home tomorrow, and I'm sure it will be phenom. to sleep in my own bed again. Man have I missed that.

Another thing I've missed? This face.


I remember before I left wondering if she would miss me, or if she would remember me when I got back. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but of course she will remember me. It has only been a week! I hope, though, that she doesn't feel bitter and ignored now that I've been away a few days.

Don't worry, I'll make it up to her on Monday when we head to the vet to get her stitches removed. We know she loves going there! She'll be sure to welcome me back with open arms after that trip. ;)

Anyway, I digress. The point of this post is not for me to drone on about how I am a terrible pet owner for ditching the Mad-dog for sunny, tropical Florida, but for one of my newer blog buds Alyse to showcase a little peek of what her posting style is like!

I found Alyse's blog (How the Gears of my Mind Turn) through 20-Something Bloggers. She posted a discussion about button swapping. After my blog makeover, her's was the first one up there! (Want your button on my sidebar? Shoot me an e-mail or comment!)

Without further ado, meet Alyse, who, keeping with the travel theme of this week, posted about flying!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Birds of a feather flock together."

Unless, of course, you're talking about actually flying, in which case my mother would opt out.
It's pretty funny, really.
Personally, I love flying. Love it. Haven't flown in about eleven years or so, but I'd jump at the chance to fly somewhere. I almost bought a round-trip ticket just to drop off my brother and his friend at camp with my dad (a ticket was actually cheaper than a chaperon), but my dad wouldn't let me. I was disappointed, but now I'm saving up for a trip to Europe for when I graduate. Got $10 squirreled away so far.
Oh yeah!
But my love of flying really isn't anything new. 
See, my dad was in the Marine Corps and when he retired, he took flying lessons for a few years. I used to go up with him when I was about seven or eight. I don't really remember much because it was over a decade ago, but I remember I liked it.
My younger sister has gone on a few mission trips with my mom, and she liked flying.
My mom did not.
My younger brother is a senior in high school, and he's actually working on getting his pilot's licence now. He's in the Civil Air Patrol, and he wants to be a fighter pilot in the Marine Corps.
My mom was grilling him the other day about what he was learning, and what it was like, and what he thought about it all.
It.
Was.
HILARIOUS.
She asked if he knew what all the buttons did.
He said he knew what most of them were for.
She's all like "WOW!!"
She asked what he had to do to take off.
I won't explain the whole thing here, but he did.
Her eyes were the size of saucers.
"Were you scared?"
Such a mommy question.
He kind of turned his head and goes, "Yeah, mom. I almost cried. I decided I don't want to do it anymore. I was really afraid."
"Really?"
"No!"
"Oh."
Ahhhhh . . .
Flying.
Either ya like it.
Or ya don't . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again, Alyse! Loved your brother's response. Too funny! Everyone go check out her blog, and come back tomorrow for Breanna's guest post!

Missing everyone's blog posts... can't wait to play some serious catchup when I get back!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment