Monday, August 6, 2012

flip flops, a t-shirt, and a burn...

Hey friends!

I hope you all had fabulous weekends! The weather, with the exception of last night, seemed to hold out all weekend long!

There was a golf tournament on Saturday that had me stuck at work all day, and, with the exception of one or two employees, the day was pretty successful.

There were 125 people and every single one (employees included) were sweating their balls off. Pardon my language. It was H O T out.

On the plus though, before the big shebang started, we got to dig through the prizes and take some stuff we wanted. Which, free stuff? Always welcome.

I scored a pair of Malibu flip flops, a Three Olives t-shirt that I'll never wear, and a Dewar's key chain. Oh, and a wicked strange looking burn on my arm from a serving pan. ;)

Ew. I know.
But then again, having your boss tell an employee no one likes to "get the f*ck out" is a surefire way to brighten your day. Burn or no burn. Yep. One of our cooks got the boot. Finally. I know I whine a lot about coworkers being sub-par. But believe me when I say, this guy was such a little biotch. About everything.

Seriously.. 
... telling waitresses that orders can't come in because it's too fast? Yes, please make the customers wait.

Or..
... saying that a table of 30 can only have appetizers, because he can't make 30 entrees... what if 10 tables of 3 came in?

The guy was on unemployment already... Gee, I wonder why. Good luck finding another job with two bad experiences notched into your belt there, buddy boy. Hope your whip-cracking fiance is happy now. ;)

Work aside, the weekend was fun. We went down to my aunt's house (and in-ground pool, yeahh buddy!) for a party for her 50th birthday yesterday. Anthony drove down with us and met everyone on my mom's side. He said he had a good time (hope he did!) and everyone seemed to like him, which is great.

There is another party for my cousin's daughter's first birthday in two weeks, I hope I can make it, but don't know for sure yet. I don't really know anyone he does, or his baby mama does, and I think it will be more friends of theirs (my cousin is 21) vs family. Which, obviously isn't a reason not to go, but it makes me look at it with a little less "ooh! family party!"... know what I mean? We'll see though.

For now I'll just be chuggin' through the week hoping that work goes by fast, given that I don't have to spend Saturday there this weekend... woot!

How were your weekends? Any fun plans for the week and/or weekend ahead? Believe it or not, I'm actually um.... getting excited for school? Yeeps! Hope that motivation sticks with me for the next.. um... four years. Lol.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Burns are never fun! But then neither are annoying coworkers so that's definitely a bright side that he won't be working there anymore!

    ReplyDelete