Monday, September 17, 2012

Show & Tell: High School










1. Tell us what kind of student you were in high school (popular, nerd, sport obsessed, choir, etc)
I wasn't really any of those things. I'm still convinced that those cliques only exist on TV. I've personally never seen "popular". I've seen sport obsessed, but that's more of a characteristic, not a student grouping category. Anyway, I just sort of did my own thing (as I imagine most did/do) and had my own group of friends... know what I'm sayin?

2. Share some high school pictures

Obligatory prom pictures. Forgive the hot mess and the fact that I look like shitasshole. The pictures were all taken after I was shakin' my tail feathers on the dance floor for two hours. The one on the left is me with one of my friends (directly to my right), next to her was my best friend Michelle, and next to her was some chick I don't know. Then in the picture on the left, is me & my neighbor pretending we were hot. We had been in school together since second grade. :)


Me and my friend Caitlin at the end of senior year. And then on the right is me and my cousin at my grandma's, sometime during senior year. Rockin' the duck lips like a true loser.

3. Tell us about your school. Private or Public? How many in graduating class? Mascot? School colors?
Public school, no uniforms here, thank you! There were about 250-300 in our graduating class, I believe. Can't really remember. Mascot: Trojan.... hold the condom jokes. :p Our colors were blue and gold. Loved them!

4. Tell us some of your favorite memories from high school or what stands out the most. Teachers? Classes?
Senior year as a whole was a blast. We had prom, our class trip, the after prom party, the post-grad party, my teacher Mr. Rogers (real name :p) who was hilarious from start to finish. Field trips, designing our senior portion of the yearbook, picking quotes... homework, ew. Projects, yuck! But all together, it was a great year. :)

5. Tell us a piece of advice you would pass on to your children or any child entering high school.
It's not like they say on TV. It's not as bad as everyone says. Just be who you are and don't let your personality bend to what others make you think it should be. Oh, and ps, I know this will shock you, future children, but The Secret Life of the American Teenager is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever laid eyes on, and is not anywhere near an accurate depiction of the high school experience.
 
Can't wait to read everyone else's answers! But first, I'm off to school to fail a quiz -- yay!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love reading high school stories! I have to agree that anything on TV is not even close to the real thing.

    I also think anything on TV about "post grad struggles" is bullshit. Ahh, that's another day...another rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are very pretty Sam! :) I was a very studious girl when in school. Always trying to find solutions to weird math problem :) I know that sounds cheesy but I was like that. But college changed everything :) Take care dear, I am a new follower of your blog, the feel is quite lovely on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete