Wednesday, October 17, 2012

so many changes

Hey everyone! A couple changes are happening around these parts of the internetz.


source
1. First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for the sweet and helpful comments on my last post about my rocky relationship with my job. You guys are the best support system a girl could ask for!

Thanks to your help, I sort of stopped feeling like a giant baby who was backing out in entertaining the idea of waiting until after the holidays to change jobs.

I think what I will do is settle for the closest thing to a happy medium there is: wait it out as long as possible between now and January, and if it gets to be too frustrating close enough to the holidays where I might as well just bounce anyway, I will just give my sweet, sweet notice.

I'm mildly disappointed in myself for becoming such a money-hungry individual. I mean, don't get me wrong. I know times are tough and everyone is seeking a job where they can bring home the bacon and maybe enjoy a little bit of it too, after said bacon is done paying all of their expenses. But I know there was a time where the bacon end of things didn't bother me so much. I enjoyed my job, and the bacon was kind of a bonus. I'm hoping this says more about the job than it does me. But at the same time I can't help but get a little giddy inside at the idea of finally being able to afford the new MacBook Pro I desperately need, and maybe even have some extra bacon on the side to put into savings. The idea of watching my bank account grow rather than deplete makes me a little warm & fuzzy.

Granted, I know a job at Starbucks obviously isn't my ticket to my 2010 Lexus RX 450h, but ... it could work towards a 2007 or 2008, you know. ;)


source
 2. Would y'all hate me for changing my blog name again? I know, I know. I just did that. But the Iced Coffee & Blue Jeans was... maybe obviously a pretty half-assed name. For some I'm sure it fits just fine. For me, much like clothes shopping, I've tried it on for a little bit, and it just doesn't fit. That coupled with my hopes to relocate to WordPress eventually, is making me feel like "Iced Coffee & Blue Jeans" isn't going to be gracing my blog title bar for much longer. That doesn't mean very much change, really. Just a new button and maybe Facebook page.

3. Speaking of blog changes, I'm also flirting with the idea of "coming out" as a blogger. No one really knows I do this. Or, some may know, but they have never been here. I know my cousin saw my last one, and my mom knows that I do blog. But I find myself shriveling up like a prune with nervousness when Anthony asks how I know so and so, or what that e-mail entitled [Iced Coffee...] could possibly be about.

Cue: blush.

One of my newer blog buds Michelle posted a pretty dead-on post about this the other day, on her 1-year blogging anniversary, you should all go check it out. It kind of pin points my own concerns. I'm kind of nervous about people from high school finding out I blog. Or even people from my work. People who know me in real life may not know the "inner workings" of my mind like you fine blog readers do. And since the thoughts I post here are a bit more raw, I worry about feeling more "exposed" if I let everyone know I blog. Does this make sense? Still battling with this one. I will probably make a more firm decision either way after I make the WordPress move.

Phew. I think that's all for now. What's up with you guys?

Happy Hump Day!


6 comments:

  1. I always feel weird when people find out I blog haha so I completely understand! looking forward to the new name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some friends who know I blog, and I think my parents also know, but none of them read on a regular basis. At least I don't think they do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually thought the new blog name Iced Coffee and Blue Jeans was a very clever handle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, talk about feeling weird when you tell people you blog. Yep, that's me - the male blogger! As far as creating a new blog name, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sam!
    New follower, and I think I have jumped on board at just the right time! I'm also debating whether or not to "go live". I have blogged anonymously for years now, but have deleted every one because I worried that someone would find out and read my writing. Not that I ever wrote anything too personal or offensive, but I was always sort of embarrassed about it.
    Anyway, as of yesterday I've decided to go ahead and start a new blog that all my friends and family will have access to. I realized that they are the ones who have always supported me through everything, so why wouldn't I share my life with them?

    Anyway, just my two cents! I'm looking forward to whatever you decide!

    Ps. I completely feel you on the name. I actually love yours, but I know what it's like to struggle for hours to come up with something. I gave up and am just using my initials for now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog and I totally agree with you and Emily above! I have been blogging for a while but I am in NO WAY ready to share my blog with the world (none of my friends know that I have a blog... No one from work.. Not my close friends. Only my mother in law since she first got me into blogging.) I am not ready to share my blog "via facebook" I am so afraid that people I know will find the link to my blog (or even my parents. Even though I don't say anything bad, I still share a lot of things that I don't say outloud.)

    I thought I was seriously the only one who doesn't want to "go live" with my blog. A lot of my blog friends have facebook "pages" for their blog and post their updates on their statuses on facebook. Good to know that I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete