Tuesday, October 30, 2012

where I left off...

Yesterday pre-hurricane I posted a long spiel about how I am, yet again, doing a hypothetical K-turn and rerouting my career path.

Now I'm posting this from Anthony's house because last night I got wind that our freaking cable wire is off the house. Cable wire = internet wire. No internet = swirling vortex of depression and death.

Can you tell I am a product of the 21st century?

Anyway, my epiphany that I'm sure you are all just on pins and needles waiting to hear the end of.

Basically, I am going to pursue graphic & web design. Gee I bet no one saw that one coming.

My reasoning is...
a. it's something I have always been interested in. I probably would have considered this about 4 years closer to my high school graduation date had it not been for this stank ass economy.
The workings of my brain. Some things are constant, like being a stay at home mom, and of course food. Teaching, business, and medical kind of fluttered in and out. Finite time periods, you know? But graphic design has sort of been woven throughout my mind all the time... If that makes sense.
 b. it will only take two years to earn a degree and start working (economy willing, of course) whereas nursing would take four.
c. if I end up sucking ass at it I can just pawn off blog designs on you fine people for a living. Right?

... right? :p


4 comments:

  1. I love the diagram hahaha.
    I think this is a great idea and I can't wait for you to start taking the classes/talk about how you're liking them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you found something that you absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pawn away, baby!

    But, seriously: W00t to the life choice. You are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the diagram!

    I think following your passion is always something that will make you happy and graphic/web design seems like a really good fit for you!

    ReplyDelete