Tuesday, January 29, 2013

well this is embarrassing

So, who remembers this post from back in the day when I was MIA from this cozy little bloggy universe?

You know the one. Where I was dubbed a Liebster and given a shiny award for it? No? Well, my blog bud Caitlin from Letters and Lattes was sweet enough to think of me, and I was sweet enough to break my computer thus preventing my from having convenient access to my blog to properly thank her/answer the questions she asked.

So thanks Caitlin! :p

I'm going to do it right this time! Because I have a computer and am officially cool again. Or, at least the first one. The jury is still out on that last thing.


So, first things first: the rules.

This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.

1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger created for you, and then come up with 11 new ones for those to whom you pass along the award.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and let them know! No tag backs!

11 Randoms

1. Peanut butter and jelly is my go to breakfast.
2. Dr. Phil marathons are part of my morning routine.
3. I love making lists, but rarely follow them.
4. Lately I have been doing something I swore I would not: watching the Oprah Winfrey Network. I still feel as though she does not need her own channel. It's not like she is the Kardashians or something. (Just kidding. Ha.. how many people wanted to kill me when I said that?)
5. On that note, here is another crippling fact... I'm not a huge fan of Oprah in general. GASP.
6. I'm only at number 6, and I'm already running out of facts.
7. I am left-handed
8. I wish I were a natural brunette and it pisses me off that I will have to spend $80 every 10 weeks or so for the rest of my life to keep up that illusion.
9. I am competitive.
10. I (currently) love my job.
11. I love to clean any room that isn't my bedroom.

11 Answers

1. What is one of your favorite items in your home?
Probably my little Duraflame heater. My mom bought it for me about a year ago because my bedroom, for some reason, doesn't like to stay warm. Now I keep my little incubator at a nice cozy temperature at all times. Thanks mom!

2. Favorite country song?
God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton

3. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
A little over a month ago when I started at Starbucks. Making drinks for the first time :).

4. What would you fight for?
My family & friends most of all. Oh, and a law to be passed forbidding cyclists from riding on the roads and endangering lives everywhere. :)

5. Who are the 5 people you hang out with the most?
Anthony and his siblings. For real. I practically live there.

6. What are your long term and short term goals?
Long term: to finish school and get a full time job. Start saving and buy a house.
Short term: work more hours and save more money

7. Other than family, who is the biggest role model in your life?
Other than my mom I would say definitely my friend Sarah, and I also think Sandra Bullock is an excellent role model.

8. Are you living your life to the best of your ability or are you settling?
I would say about half and half at this point. I am definitely trying more new things lately, and taking more risks, which I'm glad about... I was hoping to become less of a wuss. But at the same time there are still ways in which I could improve upon that and stop letting fears hold me back from things.

9. What are your travel dreams?
Nothing major. I just want to go to South Carolina and southern California within the next couple of years. Anthony and I have talked about it though, so hopefully it's closer to becoming a reality now that I know I won't die of a heart attack getting on a plane.

10. If money wasn't an issue, what would your dream job be?
I'd love to be a photographer if I didn't have to worry about the process of getting yourself out there and selling your business in order to make a living. If I could just go out and do it, I would love to be able to.

11. Favorite holiday?
It's a toss up between Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. So basically um... all of them? Lol.

11 Questions

1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What made you start blogging?
3. What is your favorite month of the year?
4. If you could go back to any age, which would it be?
5. Favorite TV show or movie, if any?
6. Which do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter?
7. If you set a new year's resolution, what was it? Are you keeping up with it?
8. Who is your best friend?
9. If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be?
10. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
11. What is your favorite day of the week?

11 Nominees

Mosby @ Simplicity is Key
Amy @ Sweet Home Santa Barbara
Sarah @ Someday We'll Know
Courtney @ Life Well Expected
Nicola @ Our Little Balham Life
Stephanie @ Everyday Stephanie
Crystal @ Carpe Diem Crystal
Angel @ Confessions of a College Angel

... and I only tagged 8 because it was getting annoying having to go and check the follower count. Hehe. I got lazy. Hey, this was a long process!

Happy Tuesday! Who is watching Pretty Little Liars tonight?

6 comments:

  1. Awww thank you for the nomination, girl!! What is your natural hair color? I would have totally guessed you were naturally brunette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmm peanut butter and jelly! I am SO excited for Pretty Little Liars tonight! WOOOOOP

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 describes me as well! And I'm not a fan of Oprah either. :)

    I need to get caught up on PLL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, love it! :) I don't like Oprah much either. Nor do I think she needs her own network. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me!! I am so happy! I don't like Oprah either

    ReplyDelete