Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Letters

source


Dear Art History book, please miraculously become more interesting so that I will suddenly have the overwhelming desire to read chapter 17 instead of putzing around the internet and bouncing from blog to blog like my friend to the left as though the day is mine and I don't have a shitload of homework to do.






source


Dear Starbucks, while you have your own set of challenges, I'm finally starting to feel pretty darn good working there. (Most of) the people are cool, the customers are pretty nice, and it's really fun to make the drinks. Not to mention, I love being able to draw all over the cups in downtime. I like to pretend someone, somewhere finds a smile if they notice their cup has a random doodle on it. This job has also made me even more of a people pleaser. Meaning, while working at my last job, sure, I liked making people's days better if that happened. But now I wonder after most customers if their day was impacted at all by our interaction. I know it probably wasn't, and that I don't carry that much weight (unless we are talking about my ass), but it's still cool to be a part of people's days in what seems like a quicker, yet more personal oxymoron of a moment when they stop in for their drink. Their mission statement is "to inspire and nurture the human spirit", which I find in working there becomes a mentality over time. And I kind of like that.





source



Dear Macbook Pro, thank you for finally being mine. Not only can I finally sit down and write a Friday's letters post again (yay!), but I also feel significantly cooler and more socially accepted sitting in the corner of Starbucks with a cute little glowing apple on the back of my computer vs. the social outcast feeling that burned within from lugging around my giant eyesore of a Dell. I assume the backlit keyboard would be quite useful as well. Which I would know if I wasn't 87 years old and started to doze off the second my ass is in bed at night. I don't even know why I bother bringing the computer over there. It never lasts more than a couple minutes. But trust me. It's not you, it's me.



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a Friday Letters theme! You're so cute. Very positive attitude about your new job - it was such a limb to go out on, making that transition, I'm relieved to hear such good things after you made the leap.

    Your sordid lust of MacBooks makes me grin - "Oh how I love to hold you, to take you out where all can see, but I'm worried I can't satisfy you in bed, it's not you it's me," lolz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I found a random doodle on my cup, it would make me smile. Oh, and Art History is surprisingly boring.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping in from The Sweet Season... First, I so want a MacBook. I am super jealous. I totally would like to have a doodle on my cup. I don't think they wash off of the new reusable cups, do they?

    Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you come work at my Starbucks? I'd love to find a random doodle on my cup. And I'd totally smile if I did.

    I'm kind of jealous that you're taking an art history class this semester. I loved those classes!!

    ReplyDelete