Monday, March 25, 2013

what day is it?

Seems to be the question of the day for me. For the last three months, it seems.

I can't believe how absent I have been since, even the beginning of the year, I would say. I'm trying to think of why, yet the only things I keep coming back to are work and school. But then when I really think about it, I feel like I have a decent amount of free time every day, so that doesn't really explain why I haven't been keeping up with blogging. Or maybe it takes up more time than I think.

Well, either way, I'm taking a quick breather from it now while I zone out, splitting my hypnosis between Les Misérables and blogging. Yes -- I finally (dramatic much? it came out three days ago) got my paws on Les Mis during a last minute Walmart trip last night. Further feeding what was already borderline obsession with that music. I'm so glad this thing is finally on DVD. Since eighth grade I've eargasmed over this music. And, give or take a few miscast characters (ahem, Javert and adult Cosette), I am in love with the choice of actors. Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway? Them alone excuse the blasphemy that was Russel Crowe and Karen Smith Amanda Seyfried. Ahem. Personal bias. Too bad they are such big characters and Russel Crowe was allowed to shred apart one of my favorite songs (Stars) from the musical. :p But anyway..... aside from that, five stars. And every Oscar it received. Oh, and the guy who is all but identical to Phil of the Future? Sheesh. They could be twins. I thought it was him!

In other news, in my 3D design class, we have been assigned a non-cloth clothing or accessory project. I'm making (or attempting) a purse made out of, you guessed it, Starbucks cards. Because since late December, I pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe that place. But in a good way. I'm still loving it so far. Although that may change this week, as our store is now starting Playbook training, which is supposedly a more efficient way of doing things. Some of it makes sense, and seems an improvement, while other bits sound like a disaster waiting to happen. But we'll see, I guess!

Speaking of Starbucks, I am a little behind on my Mark-out Mondays. Oops! This week I forgot, and last week I gave my mark-out to my old boss, lol. And also, a public apology to Lauren, the last winner, whose coffee I still haven't found time to ship. Agh! It will go out this week, I promise! I'm sorry about the delay!

As far as my weekend, it was busy, but fun! I went and saw The Call with my cousin and Anthony. And only them. Literally. We were the only ones. Probably because it was a week night at like, ten. Losers. That movie was creepy. Pretty disturbing actually. I don't love the ones that can and probably have happened before because humans are insane. Eek! Friday I worked and then went to see my uncle's band play, Saturday I worked and saw my friend's play.... she is in high school and no doubt bound for Broadway. And yesterday Anthony and I had some free time to go to the mall, Red Robin with his mom, and then to his grandma's until we parted ways for my staff meeting and his, shocking, endless amount of homework. But overall it was a really nice day and weekend. I feel a much better balance between work and home life with this job, and I love it. It's busy, but a good busy.

What have you all been up to? I miss your blogs! I'm off to read around now!

Sorry for another boring post!

2 comments:

  1. For a Les Mis n00b, would you recommend I go original soundtrack before seeing the new movie? Or just roll with the current permutation, to avoid being offended by Da Crowe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that Les Mis is finally on DVD too! Do you know if they've finally released the full soundtrack from the movie yet instead of that "highlights of" or whatever words they used to described it. I would have considered buying it anyway, but Do You Hear the People Sing wasn't even on it. How can you put out a Les Mis soundtrack and not include that song?

    ReplyDelete