Saturday, May 4, 2013

day four

Or in my case, day two, because I am dreadfully terrible at blog challenges.  Especially when I am called into work the minute I wake up.  Literally.  Yesterday I woke up to texts and phone calls asking me to work because someone was sick.  Flashback to my last job.  Yeeps.

Anyway, I will catch up in the end, because I liked those topics, and will eventually find some time in May to sit down and respond to them.  But for today, I'm going to go along with the day four topic, because I am a quote whore and Harry Potter nerd at heart.  And what better way to bring the two together?

This blog post with, of course!  With a quote from the very woman who helped shape so many of our adolescent (or any) years.  J.K. Rowling.


I truly don't think there could be a finer way to salute the story and the audience.

This isn't a quote about life, or inspiration, or the cliché "be the change you wish to see..." (though I do love that one), but it is a quote that, no matter how many times I read it, or how long it has been since the pages and words of my favorite book series unfolded before my eyes, rockets me right back to the beginning, when I "met" Harry Potter for the first time when I was eight.  It is a sweet nod to the story, the readers, and strikes you, and individual reader, on a personal note from the woman who brought this phenomenon to life.

What a sap. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You know, I avoided reading Harry Potter for the longest time. I'm so happy my sister finally convinced me to read them and that she did it in time for me to enjoy some of the midnight release parties!

    ReplyDelete