Thursday, May 9, 2013

My blog's day at the spa

Hey everyone!

Some of you may have noticed things look a wee bit different around these parts!  This ole blog got a little makeover!

For starters, shockingly enough, this queen of name changes struck again.  I have a new blog name.  (And if only I had a nickel for every time I said that!) I wasn't planning on doing this, but when the name randomly popped into my head two days ago, I decided to "just go with it" because I was severely lacking blogger motivation as it was, and I thought maybe spicing the blog up a bit might help me get back into the groove.  Might.

Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

The Name
Like I said, it sort of just popped into my head.  My birthday is in July, and my last name has "rose" in it.  Not to mention rose red is my favorite color, and roses are among my favorite flowers.  Among.  My actual favorites are either orchids or hibiscus.  Though neither one of those would sound very good in a blog title now would they?  July Orchid..... or, well, maybe they wouldn't.  She says after spending $15 on a new domain.  Rats.

The Logo
I recently got even cheaper and instead of investing in the Adobe Suite, I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud, which nice and cheaply allows you access to all Adobe products.  Let me say that again.  All Adobe Products.  For $19/month.  (That [student] offer is only good until June -- get on it!)  Anywho, yours truly even designed the little rose logo.  Granted, it's not much, and I'm brand spankin' new to Adobe Illustrator, but I kind of like the simplicity of the rose, and I love that it's mine and not something I found on Google.  Even though it looks silly and plain enough to be a borrowed Google Image turned logo.

new button! get some! get some!
The Header
I found this nifty new way to link-ify my header!  How cool is that?  No more fiddling around with where my links will go or what they will look like.  I can deal with that stress and the stress of my header "look" all at the same time.  Boom.

So, for now, we're just going to go with it.  Sure, the name may sound silly (trust me, no one criticizes me more than I do), and the logo may be dullsville, but I think it's semi cute, and at least it will do through the upcoming season or two, right? ;)

I still have a few changes coming up, but they will be minor and cosmetic.  Welcome to the new (and improved?) blog everyone!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the new look & name! So simple and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sam! Im glad I stumbled upon your neat blog. I hope we could be friends. :D

    P.s. Im your newest follower from the gfc bloghop! :)
    <a href="http://secretobsessionblog.blogspot.com/>Secret Obsession</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to your old domain the other day and was like, "What happened?!" Glad to find you here. :)

    Love the new layout and your new name. And now you've challenged me to find a way to use hibiscus in a blog title. Hehe. They are my favorite flower and I just bought two the other day! Let's see if I can keep them alive. I plan to post pictures tomorrow as long as I don't go see Gatsby with a friend.

    ReplyDelete