Friday, June 14, 2013

friday's letters

Dear work week, I'm so glad you are almost over.  Today alone was enough to make me want to rip my hair out, and that is just on top of the ridiculousness that has been climbing out from under rocks lately.  Anyone who thinks corporations = more professionalism?  Turn the car around and stay where you are comfortable, because I am learning the hard (in the annoying sense) way that professionalism is in high demand and short supply nowadays.  Looking for better working conditions and professional atmospheres?  It's not here.  It's the "Me! Me! Me!" generation, and as a twenty-three year old trying to pave her way in life, welp-- it's pretty darn disappointing watching most everyone look out for number one.  You may be number one to yourself, but, spoiler alert, you're not the only one.

Dear Anthony, I'm looking forward to making your lunch today.  You don't know this yet, but I'm craftily saving your life and your taste buds by throwing ambition to the wind and settling for something easy-peasy like tacos.  Yep.  I'll make the ground beef, but the rest of the toppings, I'm leaving to Stop & Shop.  You're welcome.  And trust me, you'll be thanking me later when you aren't writhing in gastro-intestinal pain or revisiting said lunch because the undomestic deity that is yours truly made a "whoopsy" during the cooking process.  Fingers crossed!  Hopefully, whatever happens, the dessert will make up for it.  A little Italian surprise that (hopefully) you'll never guess. :)


Dear Olivia & Lauren, while you may be eight years my junior, you are two of the best little buds I've had.  You're truly the younger sisters I never had, and Olivia especially, in the year and a half that Anthony and I have been together, you really do feel like my sister.  In a generation that is increasingly wise beyond its years (& not in the good way), you are like shiny little diamonds in the rough.  In the words of whoever said it in The Outsiders, "stay golden, Ponyboy."


might we all make a note that the dark blob at the top left of my head is in fact Anthony's brother behind me, and not a Princess Leia bun nor a strange attempt to add volume to my hair. ;p

Dear sweet baby Jesus, thank you for finally bestowing a desire to improve upon Apple beyond making the iPhone a quarter of an inch taller!  For they are finally releasing a software update and new operating system that actually looks different from the last three!  And I mean more than just changing the color of the bar at the top of the screen that displays the time and battery life!  So yeah, needless to say, I've got a bit of a hard on for the the upcoming iOS 7 to be released much much too far away in early fall.  Ew.  But hey, better super freaking late than never, right, Apple? ;)

Dear DVR, way to not record the premiere of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday.

We're fighting.


xoxo,
Sam

Head on over to Ashley's blog to link up with your Friday letters!  Happy weekend, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment